2020 is a special year for Scottish coastal rowing, as it marks the tenth anniversary of our sport. Watch this space for special events now in the planning, including a Row Around Scotland relay. It is also Scotland’s Year of Coasts and Waters.
Please note that the rowing calendar is being dramatically affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. The RowAround has been postponed and the Loch Awe Adventure called off for the time being. Many other events are likely to be abandoned or rescheduled. Keep checking the SCRA’s online calendar.
1 January: Loony Dook Row 25 January: North v South Race 8-9 March: Regatta organisers’ course, Kinghorn
- 24-26 April: Loch Awe Adventure, 14 mile race, Dalavich [called off due to Covid-19]
- ? May: Alan Meldrum Community Rowing Challenge (exact date TBC)
- 9 May: Loch Lomond (Rowaround Scotland event, attendance TBC)
- 16-17 May: Port Edgar Open Weekend
- 17 May: Loch Katrine cruise in company as part of the Sir Walter Scott Steamboat Trust’s 120th anniversary celebration
- 21-23 May: Woudrichem Regatta, the Netherlands
- 23-24 May: Falkirk Flotilla, Forth and Clyde Canal
- 6 June: Ocean to City – An Rás Mór, Cork
- 6-7 June: Cromarty Regatta (attendance confirmed)
- 20 June: Broughty Ferry Regatta (attendance confirmed)
- 8-9 August: Shieldaig Regatta (attendance confirmed)
- 15 August: Ferry Fair parade
- 15-16 August: Miners tribute, Kinghorn (invited)
- 17-30 August: Row Around Scotland relay, Firth of Forth section
- 22 August: Queensferry Regatta
- 29 August: North Berwick Regatta
- 12 September: Queensferry Youth Regatta
- 19 September: Castle to Crane
- 26 September: Monster the Loch
- 24 October: Freshwater Sprints, Loch Tummel
Sign-up sheets will be put up in the shed for most of these events to gauge interest.