2020 is a special year for Scottish coastal rowing, as it marks the tenth anniversary of our sport. Watch this space for special events now in the planning, including a Row Around Scotland relay. It is also Scotland’s Year of Coasts and Waters.
Please note that the rowing calendar is being dramatically affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. The RowAround has been postponed and the Loch Awe Adventure called off. Many other events are likely to be abandoned or rescheduled. Keep checking the SCRA’s online calendar.
1 January: Loony Dook Row 25 January: North v South Race 8-9 March: Regatta organisers’ course, Kinghorn 24-26 April: Loch Awe Adventure, 14 mile race, Dalavich[Called off due to Covid-19] ? May: Alan Meldrum Community Rowing Challenge (exact date TBC)[Cancelled] 9 May: Loch Lomond (Rowaround Scotland event, attendance TBC)[Postponed to 2021] 16-17 May: Port Edgar Open Weekend[Marina closed until further notice] 17 May: Loch Katrine cruise in company as part of the Sir Walter Scott Steamboat Trust’s 120th anniversary celebration[Postponed] 21-23 May: Woudrichem Regatta, the Netherlands[Postponed] 23-24 May: Falkirk Flotilla, Forth and Clyde Canal[Postponed, possibly October] 6 June: Ocean to City – An Rás Mór, Cork[Cancelled – now a virtual event] 6-7 June: Cromarty Regatta (attendance confirmed)[Cancelled]
- 20 June: Broughty Ferry Regatta (attendance confirmed) [Cancelled]
- 8-9 August: Shieldaig Regatta (attendance confirmed) [Cancelled]
- 15 August: Ferry Fair parade
- 15-16 August: Miners tribute, Kinghorn (invited)
- 17-30 August: Row Around Scotland relay, Firth of Forth section [Postponed to 2021; now virtual event]
- 22 August: Queensferry Regatta [Cancelled]
- 29 August: North Berwick Regatta
- 12 September: Queensferry Youth Regatta [Cancelled]
- 19 September: Castle to Crane
- 26 September: Monster the Loch
- 24 October: Freshwater Sprints, Loch Tummel
Sign-up sheets will be put up in the shed for most of these events to gauge interest.